Zucchini burger

September 11, 2008 at 11:25 pm 5 comments

Veggie burger recipe from C. Due to popular demand, I’m posting it here. Pretty easy but a little bit more work than the zucchini slice. We’ll be using leftover mashed potatoes for bulk.

How to:

Grate and salt the zucchini. Leave aside to de-water then squeeze the excess water out.

Slice and cook down one onion (or more depending on the quantity you are making). Let it cool.

Mix zucchini, onion and mash potatoes with an egg to bind. Season well. You may add fresh herbs if you have any. Shape into patties.

Fry or grill the patties. Assemble the rest of the burger ingredients – buns, veg, cheese (optional). Top with sweet chilli sauce or picalilly.

Eat.

Advertisements

Entry filed under: Food. Tags: , .

Grants and Awards (Part 2) Is it Spring yet?

5 Comments Add your own

• 1. Anni  |  September 12, 2008 at 3:07 am

!!! My mother usta make that !! We just called it Mashed Zucchini. I make it now, too, ‘cept I don’t cook down the onions. ๐Ÿ™‚

• 2. karina  |  September 12, 2008 at 4:45 am

My mouth is watering as I read this. Yuuuuuuumm! I’ll make it tomorrow (today I’m in and out of the house and also the fridge hasn’t acquired that self-replenishing ability yet). Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜›

• 3. evecho  |  September 12, 2008 at 11:44 am

Anni – Indian cuisine has a veg and fried up version, called Pakora. Basically it’s finely sliced veg mixed with (chickpea) batter and spices, then fried. Yummy snack.

Karina – hey, is your partner a food shopper? ๐Ÿ™‚

• 4. karina  |  September 19, 2008 at 4:56 pm

My wife doesn’t like to leave the house. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ I do most of the food shopping on my way home from school.

• 5. evecho  |  September 19, 2008 at 5:11 pm

Internet shopping and home delivery. There ya go.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed

Evecho’s newsy bits

News, updates and links from the lesbian and publishing โ€˜verse that interest me, my current projects, keeping up with authors and sharing musings on middle-class life, gourmet adventures and comparisons between East/West perspectives. My opinions will likely be linearly logical and gayly bent, as they tend to be.